With the holidays fast approaching, you may be wondering how to stick with your fitness goals throughout all of the parties and gatherings. Unfortunately, most party food is packed with fat and calories…and look absolutely delicious. We have have some great tips on how you can enjoy the holiday foods without packing on too many pounds.
- Don’t skip meals the day of. If you know you will be eating unhealthy, you might think it is a good idea to skip meals before hand to save calories. However, this will do much more harm than good. By the time you arrive at your party, you will be so hungry that you will eat much more of the unhealthy food than you would have otherwise.
- Bring a fruit or veggie tray. If you are attending a party where it would be appropriate for you to bring a dish to share, try this. Fill up your plate with your healthy snack first to avoid overeating everything else.
- Step up your workout. Burning a few extra calories the day before and the day after will help negate the extra calories you ate and will help you feel less guilty.
- Skip the liquid calories. Most cocktails are loaded with calories and sugar. Save yourself and stick to just water or tea.
- Wait fifteen minutes before going for seconds. After gobbling up your first serving of food, you may be tempted to go for seconds. Wait a while before you do to make sure you still actually hungry.
- And most importantly, don’t stress about it. It is the holidays after all, and you should enjoy yourself. One day or night of bad eating will not ruin all of the progress that you have made.
Happy Holidays from 360 Chiropractic!